TIPS& ACTIONS : Week 4
BUILD A GREAT( MULTI-DISCIPLINARY) TEAM
“Harvard researchers have proven that the more diverse minds working on a problem, the more likely the problem will be solved.”
“If you collaborate with like-minded people, you can start something that might change the world.” (Funda)
“You may think you can do things alone, but you will need help. Connect with people, go to meet ups.” (Devin de Vries - Where’s My Transport)
“A multidisciplinary team is incredibly helpful.” (Francois Petousis – Lumkani)
“An effective change team is not necessarily those immediately around you. New people don’t box you by the past. “ (Arianne de Boinvoisin)
- Your team should ideally be between 2-4 people. This size will help make co-ordinating schedules or making decisions easier.
- Make a calendar of meeting times, goals, actions and deadlines.
- Collectively identify your skills and passions and delegate roles from the start. This way, everyone knows what they’re responsible for. (Who’s the leader, the organiser, the creator, the enthusiast?)
- Dedicate a space to meet, brainstorm and create. (Use the Upstarts’ “Change Room” in The Leslie Social)
- For the best results, encourage and respect each other’s strengths and different perspectives.
- Remember, it’s the passion, energy and cohesion of the team that will make the development of an idea successful.
- Week 4 Highlight video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TDO4zxmOf4
Social Innovator Profile:
a. Lauren O’Donnell: profile-lauren.php
Pro-Circuit Coach Profile:
Steve Sherman: profile-steve-s.php
- Mindblowing Monday video:
a. Lauren O’Donnell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxjw8gWP6Vw
Workshop Wednesday video: (coming soon)
b. Steve Sherman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4S1eai5bu8
c. Lauren O’Donnell: http://www.slideshare.net/UCTupstarts/week-4-whats-the-big-idea-lauren-odonnell